The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for a Visiting Postdoctoral Scholar designation at Stanford University:
- the individual must be visiting from an outside institution or organization and hold postdoctoral status or in a training position post receiving their doctorate (i.e. medical residents and medical fellows)
- the individual must have a doctoral or MD degree
- the individual must have an external (non-Stanford) source of funding equal to or greater than the amount of the current first-year postdoctoral stipend (See the Salary Guidelines on the Postdoctoral Scholars website for the current amount).
- the individual must be sponsored by a member of the School of Medicine Professoriate and approved by the Department Chair or Institute Director.
- the individual will receive no Stanford salary financial support or benefits.