2.7.H. Draft Long Form Review by the Vice Dean
A draft of the appointment, reappointment or promotion long form is submitted by the department chair to the Office of Academic Affairs for review and comment by Academic Affairs staff and the Vice Dean. At this stage, the Vice Dean may:
- consult with the department chair, Dean or others as appropriate in his or her judgment;
- remand the file to the department with instructions;
- give preliminary approval for the finalization of the file;
- make a negative recommendation on the file to the Dean;
- or take such other action as in his or her judgment is deemed appropriate.
After having received such review by the Vice Dean and after any suggested revisions have been incorporated or other issues have been resolved, approved long forms are then submitted to Academic Affairs for distribution to either the Assistant Professors Review Committee (for appointments and reappointments to Assistant Professor) or the Appointments and Promotions Committee (for appointments, reappointments and promotions to Associate Professor and Professor).