Home / Education / Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for psychosis (CBTp) / Master Clinician Series: Working through Paranoia & Making Sense of Unusual Beliefs
Working through Paranoia and
Making Sense of Unusual Beliefs
with Peter Bullimore and Kate Crawford
(will be rescheduled to a later date)
This one-day workshop will support participants to better understand the experience of paranoia and unusual beliefs. It will include discussion of what may underlie these experiences, as well as support strategies and techniques. Workshop content will include:
- The History of Paranoia
- What does Paranoia mean to you?
- The role of fear in Paranoia
- Identifying the links between trauma and belief systems?
- The three stages of Paranoia
- Using the three stages (Case studies)
- Triggers & Warning signs
- Working with unusual beliefs
- Decoding beliefs
- Understanding body state information that can trigger paranoia
- Case studies
- Personal experience of recovery
On completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Take a critical and thoughtful perspective on traditional ways of understanding paranoia & unusual beliefs
- Understand the potential pitfalls of the claims made from other therapies
- Take a respectful and ethical approach to the experience of paranoia & unusual beliefs
- Understand the potential connection between trauma and the experience
- Develop new ways of talking to and working with those that have these experiences
Canceled: Will be rescheduled to a later date.
Peter Bullimore has experienced voice hearing and paranoia. Peter operates his own agency, Asylum Associates, is a founding member of the Paranoia Network , and holds teaching/research posts at multiple educational institutions, including Manchester University.
Kate Crawford draws upon her lived experience to bring theory to life in the learning environment. She has worked as a lecturer delivering training around recovery principles and values to mental health professionals and is a trainer for the National Paranoia Network and Hearing Voices Network.
Continuing Education Credit
CEs will be available for an additional processing fee of $50. Further details to follow, please check back.