Global Mental Health Initiative
The objective of the Global Mental Health Initiative is to create and sustain a platform to address global mental health as a substantive departmental priority. This platform will integrate clinical, research, service, leadership, and educational efforts focused on global mental health. This new program will unite existing faculty efforts and provide opportunities for new partnerships and initiatives. A core component of the Initiative will be to utilize information technology tools to scale up mental health activities on a global level, taking advantage of the expertise available in Silicon Valley.
Our work in each of the department mission areas
Develop, implement, and evaluate evidence-based programs addressing the mental health and wellness of vulnerable populations.
Clinical Innovation and Service
Develop and support work in the human rights field through international psychiatry for vulnerable populations.
Develop and sustain educational experiences for trainees in the area of global mental health.
Community Engagement and Commitment
Provide a structure for greater connections between Stanford’s Department of Psychiatry and other disciplines within the university as well as partner agencies with a focus on mental health for vulnerable populations.
- Center for Innovation in Global Health https://globalhealth.stanford.edu
- Pediatric Mood Disorders Program med.stanford.edu/pedmood
- Freeman Spogli Institute http://fsi.stanford.edu
- Haas Center for Public Service https://haas.stanford.edu
- Stanford Alzheimer's Disease Research Center https://med.stanford.edu/adrc.html
- Nuestra Casa http://www.nuestracasa.org/
- Ravenswood Family Health Center http://ravenswoodfhc.org/
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement http://aaci.org/
- Documentation Center of Cambodia https://www.dccam.org
- ALAS Pro Salud Mental https://www.alasprosaludmental.org
- University of Zimbabwe Department of Psychiatry http://www.uz.ac.zw/index.php/chs-departments/361-psychiatry
- NextGenU.org http://www.nextgenu.org
- Mood Swings: an online self help program for Bipolar Disorder https://www.moodswings.net.au
- Global Consortium for the Prevention of Depression: https://preventionofdepression.org