Home / Patient Care / THRIVE
THRIVE (therapeutic, healing, resilience, inclusivity, values, empowerment) addresses the wellness of individuals who experience adversity, with a focus on the LGBTQ+ population. Those who may benefit include individuals who have experienced significant stress and are coping with changes in mood, anxiety, sleep, or disruption to work performance and interpersonal relationships. Services are personalized through an integrative and strengths-based approach to promote resilience in each individual served.
Clinical services include psychiatric consultation, psychotherapy, and referral for the following conditions: stress, burnout, anxiety, mood disorders, gender and sexuality issues, and trauma/loss.
Focus of Work
- Stress management and strengthening coping skills
- Identity exploration and development
- Fostering assertiveness and effective interpersonal skills
- Re-engaging meaning and hope
- Addressing stigma, discrimination, and micro-aggressions
- Processing trauma and moving toward recovery
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and maximizing quality of life
Clinical Assistant Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Clinical Instructor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences (Major Laboratories & Clinical Translational Neurosciences Incubator)