COVID-19 Update & Information
Please visit https://med.stanford.edu/covid19.html for more updates
Stanford Med Today "One-Stop Shop" for consolidated Covid-19 Testing Protocols
Child Care Options
Option 1: Explore Personal Options
- It is often ideal for children to be cared for by someone they know.
- We encourage you to explore options available to you for childcare/adult care including partners, family, trusted friends, etc.
- Parents are discouraged from having older family members provide childcare as they are a higher risk group for COVID-19.
Option 2: Use Your Benefits
- For benefit eligible employees and physicians, consider utilizing Bright Horizons' Back-Up Care Advantage Program, which provides up to 80 hours of back-up care (center-based care or in-home care options) for your children and adult/elder relatives when regular dependent care is unavailable. To register please call the 24/7 contact center at 877-BH-CARES (242-2737) or register online using the following steps:
- Go to https://clients.brighthorizons.com/stanfordu, then scroll down to where "Reserve Back-up Care" is offered
- Click "Not signed up yet?"
- Enter your institution username and password and then follow the prompts.
- For SHC employees: Username: SHC Password: backup1
- For SoM physicians: Username: sucares Password: Benefits4You
- When you enter your personal information, please ensure it matches what is on the SoM directory or you will not be recognized as an SoM faculty
- If you have exhausted your allocation of Bright Horizon's hours, SHC benefit eligible employees can request up to 80 additional Bright Horizon's Back Up Care hours.
- It is strongly recommended to use the website or mobile app to make requests.
Option 3: Access Additional Assistance
- Through Bright Horizons Back-Up Care Advantage program, SHC benefit eligible employees can receive a reimbursement stipend of $100 per day to help pay for care you arrange with a babysitter, friend, or relative. To qualify, register and then make a reservation prior to the day you need care (or on the same day for urgent needs). This can be used up to 10 days. Here are the steps:
- When making a reservation, from the "Available Care Options" page, select the "Crisis Care" button.
- Follow the prompts to reserve care and complete the necessary Confirmation and Release
- Within 10 days after care, submit a completed Request for Reimbursement to be reimbursed $100/day
- Click on "Use It" (New users, select "Not signed up yet? Register Now")
- Questions? Contact Bright Horizons 24/7 at 877-242-2737
For any trainees with ethical concerns or moral distress who would like to discuss with an ethicist, there are two new emails for people to reach out to our service:
SHC Ethics Consultation pager #16230
LPCH Ethics Consultation pager #18537