Questions? Contact Us
Bettina Flores, BS, BA
- CA Medical Licensure Process
- EPIC for House Staff
- Incoming House Staff
- MSOW Database for House Staff
- Visiting Residents
- IT/SHC & LPCH
- Meal tickets
- Name changes
- New Hires appointments including their compliance
Eligibility Priorities & Application Process
Welch Road Apartments is a 108- unit, six-building community available to eligible persons, and is located at 1180 Welch Road, across from Stanford Healthcare. They are configured as studios, one (1) and two (2) bedroom units.
Incoming GME House Staff are given top priority for any available units. Eligibility Form is sent to incoming house staff along with their contracts in late March/April. Assignments are made via lottery in May.
Current/Continuing GME House Staff can call the Leasing Office 650 497-0101 to inquire about availability.
The community offers studios, one, two-bedroom apartments with in-home features. Eligibility for residency at The Cardinal Apartments will be based on a priority ranking system for Stanford employees.
5th Priority – Employees and interns
Leasing Office will confirm eligibility after receipt of your Offer Letter or two most recent paystubs. Next, call the Leasing Office at 650-457-0977 to inquire about availability. You may be asked to complete and return a Waitlist Form. If there is availability, you may begin the application process.
Stanford West Apartments is a 628-unit residential community of one, two, and three-bedroom apartments. Stanford West Apartments is located on the northwest side of the university campus, adjacent to the San Francisquito Creek and trail.
1st Priority 1C – Medical Residents
2nd Priority 2A – Interns
Call the Leasing Office at 650-725-2000 or 888-440-1758 to inquire about availability. If there is availability, you can begin the application process. Your leasing agent will have you submit an application when an apartment fitting your criteria comes available. You must have already submitted a Waitlist Form and Offer Letter. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will be notified by your leasing agent. Since the application fee will be used to run a credit check, it is not refundable.
Stanford Colonnade Apartments is a 167-unit community for Stanford employees located in the heart of Los Altos. The community offers one and two-bedroom apartments.
2nd Priority 2a – Medical residents and interns
Prospective Residents affiliated with Stanford can apply by contacting our Leasing Office 650 559-8500. Interaction with a leasing agent either by phone, by email, or in person is also required before joining our wait list.
GME Housing Mailing List
Subscribers must be an incoming or current house staff and are subject to GME approval.
- Under "Subscribing to GME housing,” complete the form by filling in your first and last name, and preferred e-mail.
- You will receive an e-mail to confirm your subscription. Complete this.
Our Suggestions on Housing
If you're new to Stanford Hospital, here are some considerations while looking for housing near the hospital.
- Read your employment contract to know your yearly income, then calculate your monthly budget, after taxes.
- Know where your rotations will be held for your years in medical training. Check out your department website or contact your Program Coordinator for this information if unavailable online.
- Determine your basic living cost (food, gas, etc.).
- Find housing within your budget.
- Review budget for realistic basic living costs.
- Unpack and enjoy California!
- Stanford Health Care (SHC), 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA, 94045
- Stanford Children's Health (SCH), 725 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- VA Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS), 3801 Miranda Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304
- Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center, 700 Lawrence Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center (SCVMC), 751 S Bascom Ave, San Jose, CA 95128
- ...and many more program-specific training sites!