Department of Graduate Medical Education
Stanford Health Care
300 Pasteur Drive - Room HC435
Stanford, CA 94305-5207
- Business Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30AM - 3:30PM
- Directions: We are located on the 4th floor/rooftop of 300 P. Staircase “N” is the only staircase that will bring you to our floor. If you are facing Unit C3, staircase “N” is located to your right. Once you are on the 4th rooftop floor, use the door to your left.
About the Stanford Office of Graduate Medical Education
Stanford University Medical Center understands the stresses of residency. To help residents succeed, we created the Office of Housestaff Administration in the early 1960's. In 2004, we became the Department of Graduate Medical Education. This change in title reflects our dedication to program quality, but does not diminish our commitment to you as individuals.
The operations side of the office handles hiring, payroll, verification of training for student loans, licensure, changes in benefits status, credentialing, meal tickets, reimbursements, and oversight of the on-call facilities. The education side of the office conducts internal reviews and provides consulting services to program directors on accreditation, curriculum, the core competencies, and evaluation.
We are available to assist you with physician licensure, housing, or general questions on relocating/living in the Palo Alto area.
Please feel free to seek us out in the coming months and years. We have a variety of resources available to you and your families. No problem is too small to deserve consideration. Many of your concerns have simple solutions and sometimes it's just nice to hear about your lives.
Niraj Sehgal, MD, MPH
Chief Medical Officer, Stanford Healthcare, Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Stanford School of Medicine
Ann Dohn, MA
Director, Graduate Medical Education, Designated Institutional Official (DIO)
Pedro Tanaka, MD, PhD
Associate Designated Institutional Official (DIO), Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Associate Program Director, Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine
GME Assistant Deans
Finance and Business Operations Director
- Allowances (Bonuses, on Call Meals, Education Bonus, etc.)
- Daily supervision of the GME Finance & Operations
- Orientation supervision
- Overseeing Leave of absences
Farishta (Farah) Yawary, MBA, PMP
- Daily operations/supervision of the GME Office
- Fatigue Mitigation
- Leave of Absences
- Meal Allowance/Duty Hours
- Welch Rd., Continuing House Staff Housing Verifications
Rose Marie Frey
Program Project Coordinator
Mitra Haddad, BA