Questions? Contact Us

Bettina Flores, BS, BA


650-723-5948 (office)

DEA Registration

What do I need?

Once your California Medical License is issued, you can obtain a DEA certificate by registering online. You will need to have:

  • your social security number
  • California Medical License information
  • a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) handy in order to complete the online form.


  • If you are not sure which drug schedules to select, check with your department.
  • In California, there is not a separate Controlled Substance License requirement. Once you have entered your California Medical License info, you can leave the next section related to Controlled Substance Licenses blank.

General Instructions

  1. Go to:
  2. Click New Applications.
  3. Click Begin Application Process.
  4. Be sure to select Form 224 as your Business Category and Practioner as your Business Activity:

  5. Click Begin and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application process.