Questions? Contact Us
Bettina Flores, BS, BA
- CA Medical Licensure Process
- EPIC for House Staff
- Incoming House Staff
- MSOW Database for House Staff
- Visiting Residents
- IT/SHC & LPCH
- Meal tickets
- Name changes
- New Hires appointments including their compliance
What do I need?
- Check with your Program Director to see if you need to obtain a DEA and which drug schedules to select.
- House staff approved to obtain a DEA and in possession of their California Medical License (Physicians & Surgeons/Osteopathic or Postgraduate Training License/Osteopathic) can obtain a DEA certificate by registering online.
What house staff need to have:
- social security number
- California Medical License information
- a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) handy in order to complete the online form.
In California, there is not a separate Controlled Substance License requirement. Once you have entered your California Medical License info, you can leave the next section related to Controlled Substance Licenses blank.
- Go to: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/index.html
- Click New Applications.
- Select Form 224 as your Business Category and Practitioner as your Business Activity:
- Click on Continue
- Check the Box “ I have read and understood the information …”
- Click on Continue
- Click on Proceed and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application process
- House Staff are required to provide copies of their DEA Certificate that contains issuance & expiration dates, license # & address on record to GME
- Address on record must be house staff’s complete Stanford program address & not home or GME address to be added in MedHub.
- To obtain a duplicate copy of your DEA certificate, visit https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms2/spring/dupeCertLogin?execution=e1s1
- Electronic Prescription for Controlled Substances (EPCS) E-Prescribe privileges are not automatic. To learn more visit GME website https://med.stanford.edu/gme/housestaff/current/prescription-guidelines.html