Questions? Contact Us
Bettina Flores, BS, BA
What do I need?
Once your California Medical License is issued, you can obtain a DEA certificate by registering online. You will need to have:
- your social security number
- California Medical License information
- a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) handy in order to complete the online form.
- If you are not sure which drug schedules to select, check with your department.
- In California, there is not a separate Controlled Substance License requirement. Once you have entered your California Medical License info, you can leave the next section related to Controlled Substance Licenses blank.
- Go to: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drugreg/index.html
- Click New Applications.
- Click Begin Application Process.
- Be sure to select Form 224 as your Business Category and Practioner as your Business Activity:
- Click Begin and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the application process.