Common Program Requirements
ACGME Common Program Requirements (CPR) (effective July 1, 2017).
VI.E. Clinical Responsibilities, Teamwork, and Transitions of Care
- VI.E.3. Transitions of Care
- VI.E.3.a) Programs must design clinical assignments to optimizetransitions in patient care, including their safety, frequency, and structure.(Core)
- VI.E.3.b) Programs, in partnership with their Sponsoring Institutions, must ensure and monitor effective, structured hand-over processes to facilitate both continuity of care and patient safety. (Core)
- VI.E.3.c) Programs must ensure that residents are competent in communicating with team members in the hand-over process. (Outcome)VI.E.3.d)Programs and clinical sites must maintain and communicateschedules of attending physicians and residents currently responsible for care. (Core)
- VI.E.3.e) Each program must ensure continuity of patient care, consistent with the program’s policies and procedures referenced in VI.C.2, in the event that a resident may be unable to perform theirpatient care responsibilities due to excessive fatigue or illness, or family emergency. (Core)