Review the criteria below if you need to checkout with GME.
Obtain signatures from all departments listed in the form.
GME is the last stop. Submit the form and checkout all items.
Last Revised 1/23/2018
For current housestaff at SHC/LPCH and affiliated hospitals who are finishing their training
- Visit the Outgoing Housestaff page.
- Checkout window is anytime throughout the year prior to finishing your training. If you are planning to leave earlier than your anticipated appointment end date, please present a letter from your Program Director stating your early departure dates.
- Please bring the following to the GME office:
- * Completed form with updated address
- * Email from SHC and LPCH HIMS/Medical Records (in print or on phone)
- * Lab coats (generic SHC)
- * Pager
- * ID Badge, Security Access Card & Clipper Card
- * Data Security Key/Encrypted USB Flash Drive
- * Stanford University Gym Card
- Must be completed and returned to the GME office in order to receive Final Paycheck. Final Paycheck is NOT a direct deposit.
- The Information Security Exit Form must also be completed and returned with the checkout form to the GME office.
Download the Housestaff Checkout Form
Criteria for Housestaff Checkout Form
Do I have to fill out the Housestaff Checkout form? See below for various scenarios:
|I am currently a...||…and, when I graduate, I will become a(n)...||Do I fill out the Exiting Housestaff form?|
|resident paid by SHC||fellow paid by SHC||no|
|resident or fellow paid by SHC||
one of the following:
|Pediatric resident paid by SHC||
one of the following:
Reminders for Outgoing Housestaff
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Your Health Care and/or Dependent Daycare FSA contributions stop when your pay stops upon employment termination with Stanford Health Care (SHC). You may incur IRS-qualified expenses up to date of termination. You must submit claims for reimbursement to HealthEquity no later than 90 days from SHC date of termination.
- Unused funds will be forfeited upon employment termination. For example, if date of termination is June 30, you must submit IRS-qualified claims incurred through June 30 to HealthEquity no later than September 28.
- To learn more visit FSA page in HealthySteps https://healthysteps4u.org/health-life-benefits/savings-spending-accounts/flexible-spending-accounts/
Health Incentive Account (HIA)
- You must submit claims for reimbursement to HealthEquity no later than 90 days from SHC date of termination. Unused funds will be forfeited upon employment termination. For example, if date of termination is June 30, you must submit IRS-qualified claims incurred through June 30 to HealthEquity no later than September 28.
- To learn more visit HIA page in HealthySteps https://healthysteps4u.org/health-life-benefits/savings-spending-accounts/health-incentive-account/
I want to share a housing opportunity to incoming/current housestaff.
If you are moving out of your apartment/house and would like an incoming/current housestaff take over your lease, please let us know about the housing opportunity.