Review the criteria below if you need to checkout with GME.
Adhere to the requirements on the Checkout form
GME is the last stop. Submit the form and checkout all items.
Contact for Benefits & Termination
Health & Health & Welfare benefits questions? Contact the SHC Benefits Service Center.
- Phone: 855.278.7157 (Mon-Fri, 5am-5pm Pacific)
Contact for House Staff Checkout
Mitra Haddad, BA
Last Revised 03/20/2019
Important Information: Final Paycheck & Checkout Form
- Graduating/outgoing House Staff must checkout with GME on the last day of their appointment/contract to receive their final paycheck and certificate. Final Paycheck is a live check and not a direct deposit.
- The Information Security Exit Form must also be reviewed, signed, and returned with the checkout form to the GME office.
Outgoing/Exiting House Staff
For current house staff at SHC/SCH and affiliated hospitals who are finishing their training
- Visit the Outgoing House Staff page.
- Checkout is on the last day of your appointment/contract.
- Please bring the following to the GME office:
- Completed checkout form
- Soft or hard copies of emails from:
- SHC HIMS/Medical Records and
- SCH HIMS/Medical Records
- Hospital Security ID Badge and Security Access Card
- Stanford Gym Card
- Data Security Key (Encrypted USB Flash Drive or FOB)
- Generic SHC Lap Coat(s)
Criteria for House Staff Checkout Form
Do I have to fill out the House Staff Checkout form? See below for various scenarios:
|I am currently a...||…and, when I graduate, I will become a(n)...||Do I fill out the exiting house staff form?|
|resident paid by SHC||fellow paid by SHC||no|
|resident or fellow paid by SHC||
one of the following:
|pediatric resident paid by SHC||
one of the following:
Medical benefits for graduating house staff and dependents benefits will end on the last day of the month of the house staff appointment. For example, if the appointment ends on June 24, the medical benefits end on the last day of the appointment month on June 30.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Your Health Care and/or Dependent Daycare FSA contributions stop when your pay stops upon employment termination with Stanford Health Care (SHC). You may incur IRS-qualified expenses up to date of termination. You must submit claims for reimbursement to HealthEquity no later than 90 days from SHC date of termination.
- Unused funds will be forfeited upon employment termination. For example, if date of termination is June 30, you must submit IRS-qualified claims incurred through June 30 to HealthEquity no later than September 28.
- To learn more visit FSA page in HealthySteps https://healthysteps4u.org/health-life-benefits/savings-spending-accounts/flexible-spending-accounts/
Health Incentive Account (HIA)
- You must submit claims for reimbursement to HealthEquity no later than 90 days from SHC date of termination. Unused funds will be forfeited upon employment termination. For example, if date of termination is June 30, you must submit IRS-qualified claims incurred through June 30 to HealthEquity no later than September 28.
- To learn more visit HIA page in HealthySteps https://healthysteps4u.org/health-life-benefits/savings-spending-accounts/health-incentive-account/
Malpractice Training/Certificate of Insurance Verification
As an outgoing resident/fellow, please note the following regarding MedHub access:
- You have access to your MedHub account 30 days after your end date.
- This also includes trainees who will be staying at Stanford as Faculty. As a Stanford faculty, you will be issued a new MedHub account (separate from your trainee MedHub account).
- Before your appointment/contract end date, please do the following in MedHub:
- download your procedure logs and portfolio entries,
- verify all duty hours, and
- complete all evaluations.
Stanford University E-mail Account @stanford.edu
GME sponsors house staff’s Stanford University email account until the last day of the month of the house staff appointment. For example, if the appointment ends on June 24, the Stanford.edu email ends on the last day of the appointment month on June 30.
I want to share a housing opportunity to incoming/current house staff.
If you are moving out of your apartment/house and would like an incoming/current house staff take over your lease, please let us know about the housing opportunity.