The Division of Laryngology
PICTURED HERE LEFT TO RIGHT
Dr. Kwang Sung, MD, MS; Dr. Ann Kearney, CScD, CCC-SLP, BCS-S; Dr. Beth DiRenzo, PhD, CCC-SLP; Dr. Ed Damrose, MD, FACS; Tiffany Sun, BSN, NR; Jane Wang, RN, MSN, FNP-C; Jenny Erpenbeck, MS, CCC-SLP; Idris Samad, MD, FRCSC; Meena Easwaran; Mohammed Imran Khan, PhD; Damaris Espinoza, CMA; Josh Martinez; Maureen Baran; Sarah Lee, RN, FNP-BC
Dr. Edward Damrose, Dr. C. Kwang Sung, Dr. Elizabeth DiRenzo, Dr. Ann Kearney, and Adam Fry, CCC-SLP, offer comprehensive evaluation and management of voice, breathing, and swallowing disorders at the Stanford Voice and Swallowing Center.
The Center specializes in the treatment of the following conditions and offer a full range of services and procedures:
- Acoustic and aerodynamic analyses of voice
- Airway reconstruction
- Botulinum toxin injections
- Cricotracheal resection
- Cricopharyngeal muscle dysfunction
- Cricopharyngeal myotomy – endoscopic and open
- Endoscopic surgery for Zenker's diverticulum
- Flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- KTP laser treatment, in-office
- Laryngeal cancer
- Laryngoceles/saccular cysts
- Laryngotracheal stenosis
- Professional voice
- Paradoxical vocal fold motion
- Professional voice care
- Selective Laryngeal Adductor Denervation and Reinnervation (SLAD-R)
- Speech-language pathology evaluation and voice therapy
- Spasmodic dysphonia –botulinum toxin injections and surgery
- Swallowing disorders
- Tracheal resection
- Transnasal esophagoscopy
- Videofluoroscopic evaluation of swallowing (modified barium swallow study)
- Vocal cord cysts, nodules and polyps
- Vocal cord or fold injection
- Vocal cord or fold paralysis surgery
- Vocal cord scarring
- Vocal tremor
- Voice and swallowing therapeutic exercises
- Voice disorders, including behavioral and neurological disorders
- Zenker's diverticulum
What Treatments Do We Offer?
- Evaluation for and identifying the cause of hoarseness, airway and swallowing disorders
- Care for the professional voice
- Multidisciplinary management of voice disorders and laryngeal cancer
- Referrals for voice therapy or swallow therapy with a speech language pathologist when appropriate
Make an Appointment
In the News
Tea, Honey And Lemon: Does This Classic Trifecta Actually Help A Sore Throat?
Dr. Damrose weighs in with Oregan Public Broadcasting on the efficacy of honey-lemon tea for a sore throat.
Dr. Sung hosts "Anatomy of an Opera Singer"
For World Voice Day, Drs. Sung and DiRenzo illuminated the inner workings of an opera singer's voice in song. Dr. Sung also treated the audience to his own professional voice.
Dr. Damrose improves healthcare with innovative surgical techniques
The SF Chronicle featured Dr. Damrose for his work in robotic surgery.
If you're a new patient and would like to set up an intake appointment, please email us your contact info, name, DOB, email address and or phone number so our new patients’ coordinator can call you to set up an appointment.