Thyroid Cancer Survivor Symposium
The Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop has been postponed until a future date.
For more information:
Please check back with us for more information.
PO Box 1102, Olney, MD 20830-1102
A nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals.
Come for part or all of this helpful event. Walk-in attendees are welcome.
Register either online, or onsite on the day of the workshop.
You may eat in the hospital cafeteria, or bring your own lunch.
Tootsies Coffee Shop will be open.
Room 180, West Building
725 Welch Rd
The yellow "P" ocations are free self-park lots on the weekends. The red "V" designates valet locations, some of which are also free.
Roth Way and Via Ortega lots are the best places to park.
Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop
Silicon Valley, California
Come meet and learn from physician specialists. Receive answers to your questions. Learn and share with others coping with thyroid cancer, at all phases of testing, treatment and follow-up. We also welcome caregivers, friends, and everyone interested.
- Intro to Thyroid Cancer – Epidemiology, Concepts, and Terminology
- Understanding Your Ultrasound
- Fundamentals of Thyroidectomy
- Managing Lymph Node Metastases
- Words from a Survivor
- After Cancer
- Surveillance After Thyroid Cancer
- Basics of Radioactive Iodine – Scanning and Treatment
- Thyroid Cancer in Childhood and Adolescence
- Voice Rehabilitation Options After
- Thyroid Cancer Treatment
- Swallowing After Thyroid Cancer Treatment
Physician Speakers & Resource Specialists
- Julie Chen, MD, Endocrinology
- Kaniksha Desai, MD, Endocrinology
- Jeffrey Edwards, MS, CCC-SLP, Speech & Language Pathology
- Benjamin Franc, MD, Nuclear Medicine Radiology
- Christopher Holsinger, MD, FACS, Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery
- Kara Meister, MD, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Corinne Moody-Asim-Ali, RN, Survivor
- Julia Noel, MD, Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery
- Lisa Orloff, MD, FACS, FACE, Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery
- Lidia Schapira, MD, Oncology
- Kwang Sung, MD, Otolaryngology (Laryngology)
- 8 – 8:30AM : Breakfast & Registration
- 8:30 – 8:40AM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 8:45 – 9:15AM: Intro to Thyroid Cancer – Epidemiology, Concepts, and Terminology, Julie Chen, MD
- 9:15 – 9:45AM: Understanding Your Ultrasound, Julia Noel, MD
- 9:45 – 10AM: Break
- 10 – 10:30AM: Fundamentals of Thyroidectomy, Christopher Holsinger, MD, FACS
- 10:30 – 11AM: Managing Lymph Node Metastases, Lisa Orloff, MD, FACS, FACE
- 11 – 11:30AM: Words from a Survivor: Corinne Al Asam Moody
- 11:30 – 11:45AM: Q&A
- 11:45AM – 12:30PM: Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:15PM: After Cancer, Lidia Schapira, MD
- 1:15 – 1:45PM: Surveillance After Thyroid Cancer, Kaniksha Desai, MD
- 1:45 – 2PM: Break
- 2 – 2:30PM: Basics of Radioactive Iodine – Scanning and Treatment, Benjamin Franc, MD
- 2:30 – 3PM: Thyroid Cancer in Childhood and Adolescence, Kara Meister, MD
- 3 – 3:30PM: Voice Rehabilitation Options After Thyroid Cancer Treatment, Kwang Sung, MD
- 3:30 – 4PM: Swallowing After Thyroid Cancer Treatment, Jeffrey Edwards, MS, CCC-SLP
- 4 PM: Closing Remarks
Stanford Children's Health | Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford725 Welch Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94304