Who We are Looking for:
Individuals with exceptional qualifications who share a common mission and philosophy. Stanford Otolaryngology especially encourages applications from African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and other candidates from under-represented minority groups.
Required Application Materials for Residency Program
For both Clinical and CSTP:
- Common application form
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- MSPE/Dean’s Letter (to be submitted as soon as it becomes available)
- No more than four letters of recommendation (minimum of three letters)
- USMLE transcripts (we strongly encourage you to have completed Step 2 by the time of application).
- Additional requirements for international medical graduates:
- ECFMG Status Report
- Meeting other requirements for the J-1 visa program if applicable
For CSTP applicants:
In addition, a one-page statement of purpose discussing long-term goals as a clinician-scientist is required. The pdf file should be named in the format of "Last Name+First Name Initial-CSTPstmt" (e.g., DoeJ-CSTPstmt.pdf).