Special Programs: Baby Talk
Stanford Ear Institute
Every Day Matters.
The first three years after your child is born is a critical time for the development of speech and language, especially the first year. What happens during this time will have a significant impact on your child’s life. Once this time period has passed, it becomes increasingly difficult for a child with hearing loss to develop spoken language.
We developed the BabyTalk program to provide teletherapy services for children with hearing loss from birth to 3 years of age, using a parent coaching model.
Does Your Child Have Hearing Loss?
- Children with hearing loss ages 0–3 can enroll!
What is Baby Talk?
- An innovative program offering teletherapy in English and Spanish
- A comprehensive program that includes direct consultation with experienced professionals including audiologists, speech-language pathologists, deaf educators, and social workers
- Customized teletherapy sessions in each family’s home, focused on the development of listening and spoken language skills
- With the right help your baby can learn how to listen and talk
- You and your baby can have virtual home visits through teletherapy (in English, Spanish, or Hindi) to help your baby learn how to listen and talk
What does Baby Talk Include?
- All therapy provided by speech-language pathologists and teachers of the deaf who are Listening and Spoken Language professionals
- Loaner equipment including an iPad
- Customized parent lesson plans using items already in your home
What are the Benefits of Baby Talk?
- No travel to and from therapy
- Access to professionals in the comfort and convenience of your own home
- Our system is secure and private using HIPAA-compliant technology and policies
- We collaborate with all other professionals on your child’s team
- We provide individualized, interactive, and engaging family-centered teletherapy in your home
What is Teletherapy?
- “Tele” means “distant” or “remote”
- Through by speech-language our teletherapy program pathologists and teachers you will meet with your therapist virtually in your home