For the New Faculty Affairs Administrators

Access and Training for New Department Staff

Supervisors please complete this form for new department staff members. Once this form is complete, access will be granted to OAA systems and OAA will be in touch to arrange a time for training/orientation. Due to the wide range of differing responsibilities for FAAs in the School of Medicine, training will be tailored to each individual's job scope.

Please complete form HERE


Frequently Used Items

Frequently Asked Questions

What does the Office of Academic Affairs do?

OAA’s main function is to support Departments, the School of Medicine and the University in (a) safeguarding the integrity, fairness, and transparency of policies and processes affecting the faculty, and (b) providing a supportive environment in which faculty can develop, flourish and succeed. Please see About OAA for a fuller description.

I am a new FAA. How do I get training in faculty affairs?

Please have your DFA or your supervisor complete the above form or contact Victoria Kanzaki in OAA for initial training, letting them know what your scope of responsibilities will be.

What business systems will I need to use in my role as an FAA?

For Academic Staff-Teaching, Other Teaching Staff and CE lines, you will use FARM and FASA. For Professoriate lines, you will use Faculty Billets, FARM and FSAT.

How do I get access to these systems and training on how to use them?

Your DFA or supervisor should notify OAA that there is a new FAA, and request access to the appropriate systems from OAA. There are training aids for FASA and FASI in the Toolbox. There is a user document for FARM on the site. For Faculty Billets and Interfolio, please request training from OAA.

What other resources should I be aware of?

Use the Academic Affairs Glossary; ask to be placed on the FAA listserv; find out when the monthly FAA Roundtables are.

To whom do I submit my long forms/FASA transactions?

For each population, there will be an OAA member for your department. Go to Whom Should I Call? to find out which OAA staff member is your contact.

How do I get answers to specific questions about a candidate or a situation in my department?

OAA is usually best able to assist when we have full details—or as much as you have—about the situation. You can direct your question to the OAA member for your department and line, or if you are uncertain where to go, just send your question to Adam Sherman.

What are the faculty titles in the School of Medicine?

You can find a list of the titles with brief definitions on the For the Faculty landing page.