New Faculty Mentoring Skills
This workshop, offered to new faculty in the School of Medicine, outlines fundamental principles in mentoring and provides a template for clarifying expectations with mentees. Participants work on adapting the template for their own mentoring relationships.
- Describe responsibilities of a mentor and a mentee
- Identify generations across the educational spectrum and locate own generational position within this timeline
- List strategies for mentoring students in millenial generation
- Identify personal expectations for mentoring relationship
- Create a handbook for mentees outlining expectations for your working relationship
Registration is limited and managed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Faculty Co-Director, Teaching and Mentoring Academy; Associate Professor (Teaching) of Medicine (Primary Care and Population Health)
Faculty Co-Director, Teaching and Mentoring Academy; Associate Professor of Genetics