The Office of Medical Student Wellness provides student life advising, wellness programming and learning environment initiatives to enable students to thrive academically and personally throughout their medical school experience.
Our aim is to foster a safe and supportive learning environment. The following principles inform our work:
- To empower students to develop their professional identity, and find meaning within their medical school experience
- To enable students to succeed as lifelong leaders
- To embrace the value of diversity and personal growth throughout the journey
- To encourage self-care, resiliency, wellness and the pursuit of one’s passions
- To engage all individuals in the promotion of a sense of belonging within the community
Develop Professional Identity
2017 Transition to Clerkships Retreat
Pursue One's Passions
Dozens of white coats were carefully laid out to cover the steps of a Stanford Medicine building yesterday afternoon as part of the #ProtectOurPatients campaign, a grassroots movement seeking to defend the Affordable Care Act. (Link to SCOPE post)
Promote a Sense of Belonging
TLC Tuesday Lounging & Conversation
Hosted by the Ears for Peers peer counselors to create and promote a safe space for discussion for medical students and bioscience students and community building. Warm drinks, snacks, and a welcoming environment are provided.
Winter Quarter TLC Dates: January 17, 31, February 14, 28, and March 14
Are you looking for a Spring Quarter elective? In search of a course to feed your mind and soul? Consider one of the wellness electives below!
OMSW is committed to promoting positive learning environments for all students. There are several confidential avenues for reporting an incident of student mistreatment.
Mental Health Service
Crises counseling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 650-723-3785