4.13: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Requirement
Certification in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) is a requirement for graduation. Students may register for ACLS in the first or second clinical year. Training courses are offered through Stanford Health Care. When the training is completed, students receive a certification card valid for two years. Please note that students must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification card in order to enroll and participate in ACLS.
Students must register for an ACLS training course both through Stanford Health Care and through Axess (MED 295).
- November 6, 2020 (Fri) – Autumn Quarter
- February 15, 2021 (Mon) – Winter Quarter
- March 18, 2021 (Thurs) – Winter Quarter
- March 31 (Wed) – Spring Quarter
- April 13, 2021 (Tues)- Spring Quarter
Please note that capacity for each session is capped at 35, therefore sessions will be first come first serve. If the above dates do not match with your schedule, please contact the Stanford Center for Education and Professional Development (CEPD).
If you will be enrolled in a clerkship during the time of your assigned ACLS date, please notify your clerkship directors in advance of your scheduled date.
To Register for ACLS:
- First, sign up with Stanford Center for Education and Professioanl Development (CEPD)
- Second, register through Axess MED 295 for the quarter that corresponds with the session (once enrollment opens).
Instructions will be updated once they are available.
Thank you for your attention to this important graduation requirement.
updated August 2020