4.13: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Requirement
Certification in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) is a requirement for graduation. Students may register for ACLS in the first or second clinical year. Training courses are offered through Stanford Center for Education and Professional Development (CEPD). When the training is completed, students receive a certification card valid for two years. Please note that students must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification card in order to enroll and participate in ACLS.
- Students must register for an ACLS training course both through Stanford CEPD and through Axess (MED 295).
- Session dates:
- November 6, 2020 (Fri) - Autumn Quarter
- February 16, 2021 (Tues) – Winter Quarter
- March 18, 2021 (Thurs) – Winter Quarter
- March 31 (Wed) – Spring Quarter
- April 13, 2021 (Tues)- Spring Quarter
- In 2020-21 ACLS training will be offered online. After completion, the in-person skills session will be required. Students will sign up for a specific time through CEPD and the course link will be sent. The online course must be completed first, and the completion certificate printed and brought to the in-person skills session.
- Sessions will be first come first serve. If the above dates do not match with your schedule, please contact the Stanford Center for Education and Professional Development (CEPD).
- If you will be enrolled in a clerkship during the time of your assigned ACLS date, please notify your clerkship directors in advance of your scheduled date.
To Register for ACLS:
- Sign up with Stanford Center for Education and Professioanl Development (CEPD)
- Register for MED 295 through Axess for the quarter that corresponds with the session (once enrollment opens).
CEPD Self-Registration Online:
- Go to the CEPD registration website: https://stanfordhealthcare.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx
- First time users: create an account and complete your new profile by clicking on the sign up now button.
- Click on the “Life Support” tab on the navigation menu.
- Scroll down the page until you see the Stanford School of Medicine MD Student ACLS
- Click on “Details” button and read the course overview.
- Click on “Register” button.
- Continue until you get to the registration form to select your desired date and time.
- Select your date and time.
- Enter the coupon code and click submit code.
- Continue through the checkout process.
- An automated email confirmation will be sent to you once you successfully register. Please read your confirmation email thoroughly.
- You will receive your ACLS HeartCode link within 48 business hours after registration from elearning@heart with instructions to activate your online course. You will need to use the same email address in your CEPD CloudCME profile to access your course.
- Class dates and time have been reserved for the Stanford School of Medicine MD program. The coupon code only applies to these dates/times. All other registrations for different classes outside of these dates will need to go through our regular registration process and will require a credit card payment to sign-up. (Contact email@example.com for coupon code).
- For additional registration instructions, please email LSTC@stanfordhealthcare.org
updated October 2020