- Health Insurance: No additional charge for summer quarter if a/w/sp paid.
- Students who enroll w/sp/su will have insurance assessed differently.
- Disability Insurance: $41 is a one-time fee assessed winter quarter only.
- Document fee: A document fee of $250 is assessed once upon first admission to Stanford as a graduate or undergraduate.
- For Cost of Attendance Budget calculations visit: http: financialaid.stanford.edu/grad/budget.
Miscellaneous Educational Expenses (Maximum allowed)
Reimbursement for Computer/PDA Purchase: $3,000
Orientation Housing Allowance for early arrival: $1,200 (Entering Students)
Clinical Instrument Allowance – early clinical experience: $650 (Entering Students)
USMLE Step 1: $605 (Students taking Q6)
USMLE Step 2, CK: $605 (Graduating Students)
USMLE Step 2, CS: $1,235 (Graduating Students)
Clinical Transportation: $1,280 (Add $500 per quarter)
Clinical Books: $250 (Reduce books & supplies to $250 per quarter)
Unsubsidized Stafford DL Origination Fee: 1.069% of loan amount*
Grad PLUS DL Loan Origination Fee: 4.276% of loan amount*
*Loan fees for 2016-17. Fees for 2017-18 have not yet been announced.
Other Allowable Expenses (added to budget upon request):
Dependent Care Allowance: Calculated by the FAO
Child Care Allowance: $3,600 (Per child/per quarter, documentation required)
Fees excluded from financial aid eligibility:
Document fee: $250 (Assessed upon first time matriculation to Stanford University)
ASSU Fees: $24 (Per quarter, A,W, Sp; may be waived)