How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome applications from all interested candidates from across the country and from diverse backgrounds. We particularly encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to our program. We use a holistic review of applicant files and do not have a specific board score cut-off for consideration. In addition, all of our Intern Selection Committee members receive training in Diversity, Inclusion and Unconscious Bias, and we use a number of measures to mitigate bias in our recruitment efforts including suppression of photos and structured interview questions.
Application materials MUST be submitted through ERAS.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2021
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than September 29.
- Completed ERAS application form
- MSPE ("Dean's Letter" from your school)
- Letters of Recommendation (3-4):
- Letter from one of these members of your Institution's Department of Pediatrics: Chair, Clerkship Director, or Program Director
- Clinical letter from Pediatrics faculty member
- Clinical letter from any Pediatrics or Non-Pediatrics faculty member
- Optional: Letter from significant extracurricular activity, research, etc.
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Score Transcript
- NRMP Number
- If you are currently in a residency training program, a letter is also required from the program director.
- If you also hold a PhD, please also include a letter from your PhD advisor.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Additional letters of reference are accepted – email us
- We require that you have a passing USMLE score. Otherwise, we do not have a minimum score cut-off. We also do not have a graduation date cut off.
- We will accept either USMLE or COMLEX scores.
- Only J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office.