Combined Pediatrics-Medical Genetics: How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome applications from all interested candidates from across the country and from diverse backgrounds. We use holistic review of applicant files and do not have a specific board score cut-off for consideration.
Application materials MUST be submitted through ERAS.
Application Deadline: October 20, 2020
For the Combined Pediatrics-Medical Genetics Program, the ERAS application material should be sent to the Combined Pediatrics-Medical Genetics Program. (If you are interested in also applying to the categorical programs in either Pediatrics or Genetics, please also apply through those ERAS programs.) For the Combined Pediatrics-Medical Genetics Program interviews for both programs have been integrated into a one-day format.
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than October 20.
- Completed ERAS application form
- MSPE ("Dean's Letter" from your school)
- Letters of Recommendation (3-4):
- Letter from one of these members of your Institution's Department of Pediatrics: Chair, Clerkship Director, or Program Director
- Clinical letter from Pediatrics
- Optional: Clinical letter from Genetics
- Optional: Letter from significant extracurricular activity, research, etc.
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Score Transcript
- NRMP Number
- If you are currently in a residency training program, a letter is also required from the program director.
- If you also hold a PhD, please also include a letter from your PhD advisor.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional letters of reference are accepted – Email letter
- We require that you have a passing USMLE score. Otherwise, we do not have a minimum score cut-off. We also do not have a graduation date cut off.
- We will accept either USMLE or COMLEX scores.
- Only J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office.
Medical Genetics Program Coordinator
Carrie Johnson, MBA
Pediatrics Residency Program Manager
Pediatrics Residency Program