Vision: To develop outstanding clinicians and leaders in children's health.
Through longitudinal mentorship and innovative curricula, we train physician leaders as compassionate clinicians, educators, advocates, and scholars to advance the health of all children and their families.
- To develop residents with the clinical expertise and team leadership skills to provide extraordinary care to all children.
- To advance residents' collaborative research and critical thinking skills to empower innovative scholarship and scientific exploration.
- To champion justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion within our program and broader community through reflection, action, and an authentic appreciation of each other.
- To optimize resident health and wellbeing by cultivating a supportive training environment that encourages individual growth and identity.
WHY CHOOSE A STANFORD PEDIATRICS RESIDENCY PROGRAM?
- Stanford Children’s Hospital is ranked in 10 specialties in the US News and World Report
- Outstanding clinical training at primary hospital, affiliated hospitals and clinics
- Diverse patient population and commitment to serve underserved populations
- Track record of resident success in fellowships, academic positions, and primary care
- Preeminent Faculty recognized as leaders in clinical care, research, and teaching
- Phenomenal mentorship with national leaders in medical education
- Supportive and inclusive program that values diversity and encourages residents to pursue individual career goals
- Easy access to Stanford School of Medicine and to Stanford University
- Bay Area Life with abundant opportunities to spend time outdoors
WHAT DO OUR GRADUATES DO AFTER RESIDENCY?
We have been fortunate to help residents match into top fellowship positions, superb pediatric practices, and exciting hospitalist positions across the United States and internationally.
Stanford pediatric resident becomes colleagues with a nurse who cared for him in the LPCH NICU