Child Neurology: How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our program. We welcome applications from all interested candidates from across the country and from diverse backgrounds. We use holistic review of applicant files and do not have a specific board score cut-off for consideration.
Application materials MUST be submitted through ERAS.
Application Deadline: by 8:00 am PST, September 27, 2023
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than 8:00 am PST, September 27th.
For the Child Neurology Program, the ERAS application material should be sent to the Child Neurology Program. (If you are interested in also applying to the categorical programs in either Pediatrics or Neurology, please also apply through those ERAS programs.) For the Child Neurology Program, interviews for will occur over two days.
Interview decisions will be made after a review of your complete application. In order for your application to be considered complete, all required materials must be received no later than September 27th.
- Completed ERAS application form
- MSPE ("Dean's Letter" from your school)
- Letters of Recommendation (3-4):
- Minimum: 3 letters of recommendation with at least 2 that must be clinical letters from faculty that can describe your clinical skills including medical knowledge, clinical reasoning, communication, professionalism
- 1 Clinical letter from Pediatrics faculty member
- 1 Clinical letter from Neurology faculty member
- Optional: Letter from significant extracurricular activity, research, etc.
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Score Transcript
- NRMP Number
- If you are currently in a residency training program, a letter is also required from the program director.
- If you also hold a PhD, please also include a letter from your PhD advisor.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional letters of reference are accepted – Email letter
- We require that you have passing USMLE Step 1 and 2 scores and do not have a minimum score cut-off. We do not require Step 2 completion by the time applications open but will require it by the time we rank applicants in February.
- We will accept either USMLE or COMLEX scores.
- J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office. H-1B visas may be considered.
- DO Applicants: We will accept either USMLE or COMLEX scores. Pediatric inpatient experience is required with letter from this inpatient experience highly preferred.
- IMGs: Must have clinical experience in the US with at least 2 letters from faculty in the US you worked with in the clinical setting. J-1 visas are sponsored through the Graduate Medical Education Office. H-1B visas may be considered.
- While we encourage all interested students to spend time doing a visiting rotation to get to know our program better, we cannot guarantee an interview to every visiting student.
Child Neuro Program Coordinator
Carrie Johnson, MBA
Pediatrics Residency Program Manager
Pediatrics Residency Program