The Categorical Pediatrics Program is a three year residency that provides a broad exposure to the spectrum of pediatrics and an optimal balance with general pediatrics and pediatric subspecialties. We are committed to integrating service and education by offering comprehensive inpatient and outpatient clinical experiences, multiple interfaces between research and clinical care, diverse opportunities for child advocacy. Our program has 25 positions each year.
WHAT MAKES OUR PROGRAM UNIQUE?
- Stanford Children’s Hospital is ranked in 10 specialties in the US News and World Report
- Outstanding clinical training at primary hospital, affiliated hospitals and clinics
- Diverse patient population and commitment to serve underserved populations
- Track record of resident success in fellowships, academic positions, and primary care
- Preeminent Faculty recognized as leaders in clinical care, research, and teaching
- Phenomenal mentorship with national leaders in medical education
- Supportive and inclusive program that values diversity and encourages residents to pursue individual career goals
- Easy access to Stanford School of Medicine and to Stanford University
- Bay Area Life with abundant opportunities to spend time outdoors
“The best thing about working at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital has been the connections I've made. Both connections with patients and their families, and also relationships with mentors, fellows, hospital staff, and, of course, my co-residents. I knew I wanted to train at a residency with a team mentality, where colleagues were supportive and supported residents' growth as physicians. I’ve been lucky enough to find not only that but also my own residency family. -Emma Squire