In keeping with its core mission, the SCI offers Innovation Awards to support projects focused on the acceleration of basic, translational, clinical and population-based cancer research, and projects focused on specific types of cancer, such as pancreatic, breast, gynecologic and sarcoma cancers. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds, women, and young investigators to apply.
- SCI Nodal Awards ($50,000)
- SCI Innovation Awards ($50,000)
- SCI Pancreatic Cancer Innovation Awards ($50,000)
- SCI Women’s Cancer Center Innovation Award ($50,000)
- Shmunis Family Innovation Awards in Cancer Therapeutics ($50,000)
- Behar Innovation Awards in Sarcoma Research ($50,000)
- Bold and creative research projects
- Research related to health disparities
- Research related to priority cancers - breast, pancreatic, liver, lung, lymphoma, and sarcoma.
- Multi-disciplinary collaboration, including collaborations involving Stanford faculty beyond the School of Medicine or inter-programmatic collaborations across the seven SCI research programs
- Potential to lead (or is already leading) to an investigator-initiated clinical trial
- Plans for submission of an external peer-reviewed (preferably NCI) application