Resources for Trainees
Your Individual Development Plan (IDP) and annual planning meeting with your advisor are intended to help you:
- Take ownership of your training and professional development.
- Pause and reflect! Amidst daily research activities, it is easy to lose sight of longer-term goals.
- Think intentionally about your short-, mid- and long-term training and development goals.
- Identify and use resources to help you achieve your goals.
- Have open and direct dialogue with your mentor(s).
- Establish clear expectations/steps.
BioSci Careers is the only career center on campus allowing you to check out career and professional development books. Our books and online resources highlight a wide range of career topics, including career exploration, transitions, job sectors, professional development, and preparation for jobs in Academic, Biotechnology, Healthcare and many other sectors relevant to our PhD, MS, MD students and postdoctoral trainees. Click here for more.
The archive is a curated collection of past career presentations, including guest speakers and discussion panels. Both videos and slides are available, sorted by industry focus. See what you may have missed here.
BioSci Careers provides career development programming and services to all School of Medicine graduate and medical students, residents, postdoctoral fellows and alumni. The Industry Insights program is a regular series in which companies and agencies from across various sectors speak about trends, developments and business strategies within the life and medical sciences. The below collection is a sampling of past Industry Insights events. Click here to download from iTunes.