Harnessing the Power of Food
The Science and Alchemy of Yum in the Cancer-Fighting Kitchen
Emerging research shows that food can be powerful medicine, and we now understand - at the molecular and genetic level - how specific foods can help on the healing journey. Follow us in this exciting morning hands-on workshop, which explores the terrain of taste and flavor for cancer patients undergoing transient taste changes and poor appetite due to cancer treatment. You will discover that mouth-watering surprises will prove that great taste and good nutrition can indeed sit along side one another at the same table.
- Have confidence in using the culinary tricks for achieving great taste while simultaneously bolstering the nutritional value of a dish.
- Use herbs and spices to create healthy food that tastes great and is good for you.
- Utilize simply hands on culinary techniques to translate these powerful cancer-fighting foods to delectable, easy to prepare dishes.
Menu and Recipes
- Wild Salmon Nicoise
- Velvety Mediterranean Gazpacho Shooters
- Pomegranate Hibiscus Green Tea Coolers
- Chocolate Walnut Truffles
Download the complete set of recipes.