Postdoctoral Fellowship: Stanford Human Trafficking Data Lab
The Stanford Human Trafficking Data Lab is accepting applications for a post-doctoral fellowship position, open to recent graduates of PhD programs in statistics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related data science fields. The position provides opportunities to participate in rigorous, quantitative research on human trafficking, including challenging prediction problems, remote detection research, and primary data collection and analysis. The successful candidate will have strong data science skills, including experience working with large, complex data from varied sources, and Machine Learning methodologies. The underlying data are complex and these projects will require sophisticated data management and integration skills.
The Post-Doc will work in partnership with PIs Grant Miller (School of Medicine), Mike Baiocchi (School of Medicine), Trevor Hastie (Department of Statistics), and other research team members, and will contribute to study design, participate in field research, conduct data analysis, and disseminate findings through academic publications and presentations. The post-doctoral fellow will be expected to focus mainly on existing projects, but may spend up to 20% of their time on independent research. For more on the lab's projects see here.
- Familiarity with statistical software, (e.g., SAS, R)
- Strong training in quantitative epidemiologic methods (e.g., causal inference methods, Bayesian methods)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated to make a difference in maternal and perinatal health
- NOTE: Applicants need not have completed their doctoral training prior to applying, although training must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship.
- Applications considered on a rolling basis starting immediately. Start date is as soon as July 01, 2021, but ideally no later than September 1, 2021. The position comes with competitive salary and benefits. The initial appointment is for one year, with possible renewal for another year. Our preference is for this to be a two-year commitment. We intend to begin interviewing in the middle of April; all applicants will be notified of updates.
Please send the following application materials to Jessie Brunner at email@example.com:
Job Market Paper
Two Suggested References (letters will be requested as needed)