Postdoctoral Fellowship: Cancer Disparities
This position will serve in a leadership role for an innovative new project aiming to increase adoption and implementation of evidence-based precision medicine approaches to address cancer disparities in a low-income Latino community in Monterey County. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish and English), have experience leading diverse teams, significant skills conducting community-engaged research, and excellent research skills. This role will include working closely with primary care and oncology healthcare organizations in Monterey County as well as a Community Advisory Board and partner community-based organizations. Significant travel to Monterey County will be a necessity once it is safe to do so and based on restrictions from the University.
- Manage and lead research projects related to cancer care delivery
- Lead research and draft manuscripts for submission. Ideally first author.
- Serving as primary contact with research participants, sponsoring organizations, regulatory agencies, and community partner site leaders
- Managing several studies form the start-up through close-out
- Overseeing patient data, eligibility and study consents
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- PhD or other doctoral degree required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- PhD in programs such as Public Health, Implementation Science, Health policy, Epidemiology or related field desired.
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Knowledge of some medical and public health terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading diverse teams, significant skills conducting community-engaged research, and excellent research skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and superb attention to detail.
- Experience with MS Office products and database applications including data analysis software.
- Multi-site clinical trial management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of protocol, clinical study design, study planning and management, and monitoring.
- Project management experience.
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills, and experience with implementation science.
- Bilingual in Spanish-English.
- Shown problem-solving abilities and strong organizational skills; comfortable in a dynamic environment and able to adjust workload based on changing priorities.
- Experience with community-based participatory research approaches or community-engaged research
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Examples of protocols and publications
Please email materials to Dr. Manali Patel, email@example.com
Faculty Sponsor: Manali Patel, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine (Oncology)
Appointment Start Date: Immediate