Postdoctoral Research Position: Cancer Prevention & Social Media Research
We are seeking an individual for a postdoctoral research position related to cancer prevention and social media research who has training and experience in epidemiology or a related field (e.g., PhD or clinician scientist with a research doctorate). The primary mentor is Professor Eleni Linos. This postdoctoral research opportunity will be focused primarily on skin cancer prevention interventions and social media research tools. The postdoc will have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of epidemiologists, clinician-scientists, biostatisticians, and social scientists at Stanford University as well as other institutions. The postdoc will be located at the Stanford School of Medicine.
- Strong training in quantitative epidemiologic methods
- Familiarity with statistical software, (e.g., SAS, R)
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with motivation to make a difference in public health
- Background in qualitative research, anthropology, or communication would be useful
- NOTE: Applicants need not have completed their doctoral training prior to applying, although training must be completed prior to the start of the fellowship.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Cover letter describing research interests to be pursued during training
- One lead-author published or unpublished manuscript
- Names of two references
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is January 2022, but is flexible.
Please email materials to Anne K Dazey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Faculty Sponsor: Eleni Linos MD DrPH, Department of Dermatology, Department of Epidemiology & Population Health (by courtesy)
Funded project postdoctoral research position relates to: https://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?icde=0&aid=9347466
Group or Department Websites: https://pcrt.stanford.edu/
Appointment Start Date: January 2022 (negotiable)