Curriculum management encompasses the many administrative processes and procedures involved in maintaining accurate, up-to-date information about curricular offerings.
This website addresses the management of curricular data for courses and clerkships offered by the 41 departments of the School of Medicine. It includes resources, tools and instructions for departmental course administrators, as well as information to assist faculty, teaching assistants, and students with processes such as initiating new courses or clerkships, modifying or retiring existing offerings, and making changes to Axess scheduling information.
Information on this site includes policy, processes, procedures, and resources for:
- Annual review and update of active courses in the PeopleSoft catalog database, the body of information about WHAT is taught in the School of Medicine
- Annual review and update of the Schedule of Classes database, the body of information about classes offered for a particular quarter (WHEN, WHERE, WHO)
- Annual review and update of clerkship offerings
- Annual review of faculty section assignments in individual study courses
- Annual review and update of departmental program, degree, and faculty information in the Stanford Bulletin and the School of Medicine Course and Clerkship Catalog (MedCatalog)
- Initiating, revising, and deactivating a course or clerkship
- Classroom scheduling
- Course and clerkship evaluation
UPCOMING DATES & DEADLINES
March 16 - Last day of winter quarter
March 12-18 - End quarter period "Dead Week"
March 19-23 - Winter quarter final exams
April 2 - First day of spring quarter