Course Administration Resources & Job Aids
For all of the necessary course administrator access, you will need to complete the following:
- PeopleSoft training (Student Records and Course Maintenance)
- Complete the class permissions training (this will allow you to generate codes for courses with required permissions)
- Review the information regarding course administration and classroom scheduling on the Curriculum Management website
- Review the academic calendar and deadlines
After completing the PeopleSoft training and reviewing information regarding CPS, contact email@example.com for authority. You will also be added to the SOM course administrator mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CPS/CLSS: Unviersity course management system https://exploredegrees-nextyear.stanford.edu/wen/
- Axess: https://axess.sahr.stanford.edu/
- 25 Live Scheduling: used to verify main campus room availability- request submitted through CPS: https://25live.collegenet.com/stanford/scheduling.html#/home
- PS training: https://uit.stanford.edu/service/peoplesoft/requirements
- Permissions training: https://registrar.stanford.edu/class-permission-numbers-training
- Med Scheduler: for Med room reservations/cancellations, etc. https://med.stanford.edu/medscheduler/features.html
- Central Registrar's Office learning library: includes dates for main campus room scheduling https://asconfluence.stanford.edu/confluence/display/SASLL/Courses+and+Class+Scheduling
|Add an independent study section in CPS||To list a new instructor under an independent study section.|
|Assign/remove an instructor/TA||To assign, modify or remove a primary, secondary instructor, or TA to a class.|
|Class permissions||For classes requiring consent for enrollment, permission codes must be provided to eligible students.|
|Instructor/TA departmental approval||To approve an instructor or TA for class assignment in CPS (per department).|
|Instructor eligibility||Primary instructors are classified as a full, associate or assistant professor or a full or associate clinical instructor. Other titles may be listed as a secondary instructor and are required to list an additional, eligible primary instructor. ***For any possibility of an exception contact email@example.com for approval.|
|Enter Class Meeting Patterns||If you are choosing a non-standard meeting pattern that is not already listed, it can be entered manually. In CPS, click the Schedule link for the course, then click Patterns at the top of the webform. In the text box at the bottom of the drop down menu enter your desired pattern with NO commas and include AM or PM for both the start and end time.
For example: MWF 9:30AM-10:20AM or TTh 1:30PM-2:50PM
|Update enrollment status (ex: consent required/not required)||To update he enrollment status of a class to required consent.|
|Verify room availability||To search room availability on the main campus - request will be submitted through CPS.|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with suggestions/questions.