Annual Course Catalog Review & Update
Each spring and summer all course offerings at Stanford University must be reviewed by departments and programs to ensure the PeopleSoft Course Catalog is accurate and prepared to load the following year's class offerings. Most processes for current course offerings are executed directly in CPS CLSS by Department Course Administrators. See the Curriculum Managment Workshop powerpoint below for details.
View the Annual Curriculum Management Workshop Presentation & Resource Material stored on Stanford Medicine Box.
Updating Existing Courses
- Run a Course Catalog Data Report in BI Publisher at bi.stanford.edu or the Axess query: CS_RPT_CRSE_001.
- Distribute course data (including schedule, instructors, teaching assistants, etc) to each faculty member and the department chair to update and/or confirm course offerings
- Enter changes to existing courses using Axess, CPS CLSS, and/or Course Dog; see scheduling instructions.
Adding New Courses
- Provide faculty member appropriate New Course Submission Form
- Collect the completed form with required signatures and enter the data for the proposed course using the Peoplesoft Add/Update Course Catalog Webform under the Curriculum Management tab
- Click on Curriculum Management
- Click on Course and Class Webforms
- Click on Add/Update Course Catalog
- Click on Add a New Value
- Click on Add
- Enter effective date 08/01 of academic year you are working on, enter information in the appropriate data fields on all three screens, click on Send for Approval
- Submit the hard-copy SoM New Course Submission Form with signatures to the SoM Registrar's Office for review
Adding New Cross-listings
- Provide faculty member the Cross-listing Policy for review and submit a New Cross-listed Course Submission Form
- Collect the completed form with required signatures and confirm that the requested cross-listing meets university cross-listing criteria
- Submit the hard-copy New Cross-listed Course Submission Form with signatures to the SoM Registrar's Office