School of Medicine Student Organizations
SMSA supports a large variety of student organizations within the School of Medicine through funding, resources, and advertising. Stanford medical students currently participate more than 40 different student groups. The focus of these groups, ranging from service to specialty interests, are extremely diverse and offer a wide variety of activities for students to engage in outside of the classroom. All groups are eligible to apply for programmatic funding through the annual SMSA student group funding process that occurs in the fall.
Below is a list of student organizations within the SoM:
- Specialty Interests
- Chapter of the American Academy of Developmental Medicine and Dentistry (AADMD)
- Asian Pacific-American Medical Student Assocation (APAMSA)
- Cardinal Free Clinics (CFCs)
- First-Generation Low Income at Stanford (FLI@SMS)
- Flu Crew
- Health Career Collaborative (HCC)
- Health Policy Collective
- Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA)
- Medical Education Innovation Group (MEIG)
- Medical Students For Choice (MSFC)
- Medical Students with Disability and Chronic Illness (MSDCI)
- Organization for Global Health (OGH)
- Primary Care Progress (PCP)
- Stanford American Indigenous Medical Students (SAIMS)
- Stanford Arab Leadership and Advocacy in Medicine
- Stanford Health Justice Coalition (SHJC)
- Stanford Housing Equity Project (SHEP)
- Stanford Medical School Christian Fellowship (SMSCF)
- Stanford Medicine Arts Collective (SMAC)
- Stanford Muslim Medical Association (SMMA)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Stanford Climate and Health
- SCCMA and Stanford Transformative Experience in Medicine (SSTEM)
- Stanford University Physician Assistant Student Association (SUPASA)
- Stanford Women Association of Physician Scientists (SWAPS)
- Women and Medicine (WAM)
How to register/re-register a student organization with Stanford
Organizations must register annually in CardinalEngage. The regular deadline is the Friday after Commencement. Organizations who have not registered will be inactive for the summer. Late registration opens in September and the deadline is the Sunday at the end of the third week of fall quarter.
Complete details about the application and registration process can be found on the Office of Student Engagement website.
Please read more about the application process and deadlines for new student organizations.
IMPORTANT: Until approval is received, use of the Stanford name, event planning, public meetings and fundraising is not permitted. Such activity could jeopardize the status of your application.