SMSA Funding FAQ

How do I get reimbursed for expenses incurred on behalf of SMSA?
Head over to the SMSA Reimbursement Policies webpage for details. Contact the SMSA Treasurer if you have any questions.

How do I get reimbursed for expenses incurred on behalf of a student organization?
Contact your organization's Treasurer/Financial Officer to get reimbursed.

I am interested in starting a specialty interest group and/or am looking for funding for my interest group. Can SMSA help me with that? 
SMSA is happy to help you get your specialty interest group started by putting you in touch with the appropriate SoM/hospital department. All of our specialty interest groups are funded through their respective departments, so we will refer you to your department to secure funding.

I am the Treasurer/Financial Officer for a student organization, but I am not sure how reimbursements should be processed. What do I need to do?
1) If you have not completed a banking workshop, go to the Funding and GrantEd Trainings website to complete the trainings and create a GrantEd account. Attending these workshops will give you full banking privileges within one week’s time.
2) Access your organization’s GrantEd website to process reimbursements.
3) For details on what documentation is needed, see the SMSA Reimbursement Policies webpage.

If you have any other questions, please contact the SMSA Treasurer. We would be happy to help your organization understand how to manage its finances!