Dr. Lu joined the QSU in 2020. Prior to QSU, she was a senior biostatistical consultant at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). She received her PhD in Biostatistics from The Ohio State University (OSU) in 2016. In her pre-doctoral research, she worked on collaborative projects between Center for Pharmacogenomics and Mathematical Biosciences Institute at OSU, and co-authored publications in Molecular pharmacology, BMC genomics, and Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods. During her three and half years at UTSW, she mainly worked on biomarker discovery studies. Dr. Lu has experience of analyzing large-scale electronic medical records, National Cancer Database, RNA expression microarray data, GTEx RNA-seq, HuProt protein array, cytokine-chemokine expression, and autoantibody profiles.
Methodology Area of Interest: random forest based feature selection methods, correlated feature selection methods, simulation based power analysis.
Clinical and Biomedical Area of Interest: rheumatology, immunology, oncology, pediatrics, molecular pharmacology, genomics
- Rong Lu, Danxin Wang, Min Wang, Grzegorz Rempala, 2018. Estimation of Sobol’s Sensitivity Indices under Generalized Linear Models. Communications in Statistics – Theory and Methods, 47(21), pp.5163-5195.
- Rong Lu, Ryan M Smith, Michal Seweryn, Danxin Wang, Katherine Hartman, Amy Webb, Wolfgang Sadee, Grzegorz Rempala, 2015. Analyzing allele specific RNA expression using mixture models. BMC Genomics 16(1), p.566.
- Pho, Kelvin, Rong Lu, Samantha Gates, Yang Xie, Simon J. Craddock Lee, David E. Gerber, 2018. Characteristics of Patients Using Patient Portals in Oncology. JAMA Oncology. 4(3), pp.416-418.
- Wang, Tao, Rong Lu, Payal Kapur, Bijay S. Jaiswal, Raquibul Hannan, Ze Zhang, Ivan Pedrosa et al, 2018. An Empirical Approach Leveraging Tumorgrafts to Dissect the Tumor Microenvironment in Renal Cell Carcinoma Identifies Missing Link to Prognostic Inflammatory Factors. Cancer Discovery, 8(9), pp.1142-1155.
- Danxin Wang, Rong Lu, Grzegorz Rempala, and Wolfgang Sadee. "Ligand-Free Estrogen Receptor α (ESR1) as Master Regulator for the Expression of CYP3A4 and Other Cytochrome P450 Enzymes in the Human Liver." Molecular pharmacology 96, no. 4 (2019): 430-440.
- Kopp, Benjamin T., Alice Hinton, Rong Lu, Sarah Cooper, Haikady Nagaraja, and Mary Ellen Wewers, 2018. Impact of Presence of Children on Indoor Tobacco Restrictions in Households of Urban and Rural Adult Tobacco Users. Academic Pediatrics, 18(8), pp.920-927.
- Khan, Shaheen, Saad A. Khan, Xin Luo, Farjana J. Fattah, Jessica Saltarski, Yvonne Gloria-McCutchen, Rong Lu, Yang Xie, Quan Li, Edward Wakeland and David E. Gerber, 2019. Immune dysregulation in cancer patients developing immune-related adverse events. British journal of cancer, 120(1), p.63.
- David Hsiehchen, Mary K. Watters, Rong Lu, Yang Xie, and David E. Gerber. "Variation in the Assessment of Immune-Related Adverse Event Occurrence, Grade, and Timing in Patients Receiving Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors." JAMA network open 2, no. 9 (2019): e1911519-e1911519.
- Khan, Shaheen, Mitchell S. von Itzstein, Rong Lu, Bonnie L. Bermas, David R. Karp, Saad A. Khan, Farjana J. Fattah et al. "Late-Onset Immunotherapy Toxicity and Delayed Autoantibody Changes: Checkpoint Inhibitor-Induced Raynaud's-Like Phenomenon." The oncologist (2020).
For complete publication list please see: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4321-9144