Fellows' Boot Camp
Thanks to our Co-Sponsoring Institutions
Our annual Stanford Pediatric Cardiology Fellows’ Boot Camp has been cancelled and we are now planning for 2023.
Our course provides two and a half days of highly-rated, hands-on training to introduce prospective fellows to the technical aspects of pediatric cardiology. Areas of instruction include:
- Cardiac Anatomy: Gross Anatomy Dissection
- Virtual Reality Cardiac Anatomy Demonstration
- Electrophysiology: ICD/Pacemaker interrogation, temporary pacemaker programming, telemetry review
- Echocardiography: High-fidelity transthoracic ECHO simulator
- Pulmonary Hypertension: Management and titration of pulmonary vasodilators
- Heart Failure: Hands-on VAD training
- Cardiac Surgery: Primer on Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Cardiac Intensive Care: Emergency scenarios, resusitation, team training
The combination of our hands-on workshops, didactic instruction, and group learning enviornment prepares future fellows for success. Please refer to the description and analysis of our boot camp program, published in Pediatric Cardiology.
Meet our Leaders
The Stanford Pediatric Cardiology Faculty are looking forward to this exciting educational opportunity with future fellows. The goal of the program is to provide quality education through collaboration, hands-on training, and fun. The program is organized by Drs. Scott Ceresnak, Alisa Arunamata, Dave Kwiatkowski, David Axelrod, Kara Motonaga, Loren Sacks and Lillian Su. Sub-specialty instruction and training will be provided by Stanford faculty and guest faculty from other institutions who are leaders in the field of pediatric cardiology.
Please take the next step to join us. Available below are downloadable PDFs of the enrollment form, travel arrangement information, the informational flyer for the program, and travel details. The cost of registration, flight, 3 day hotel stay, and meals are covered at no cost for all incoming first-year fellows! Please complete the online enrollment form below.
Phone: (650) 721-6849