Clinical Anatomy Summer Program
For High School and Pre-Med Students
Clinical Anatomy Summer Program (CASP) applications now open
The Clinical Anatomy Summer Program (CASP) is for high school students considering careers in procedure-based medical fields, such as surgery, dental surgery, EMTs/paramedics, and nursing. It may also be of interest to students who intend to study biomedical engineering, occupational or physical therapy, sports medicine, medical education or other health-related fields.
The course includes virtual classroom and virtual laboratory sessions led by Stanford instructors over Zoom and in Virtual Reality. These will include student-led clinical case study presentations, interactive VR sessions, hands-on activities, surgical simulations with human cadavers and more.
VR headset rental is included.
- Schedule: Classes meet daily Monday - Friday 9:00-4:00pm. Attendance is mandatory.
- Age requirement: Must be age 16 or older to apply
- Application Deadline: March 30
- Course fee: $2,700 (Non-refundable)
- Upon notification of acceptance, the entire course fee is due to ensure a place in the program. A limited amount of financial assistance may be available for those in need.
- Instructors: The course is led by Stanford faculty in the Department of Surgery, Division of Clinical Anatomy
- Location: Virtual Program hosted via Zoom and Virtual Reality
- Application requirements: Students will be asked to provide a short essay and one letter of recommendation. Parental consent forms will be required from accepted students.
- Homework assignments: Students will complete daily assignments in preparation for each class and will spend time outside of class preparing for daily quizzes and clinical case study presentations.
- 2021 Virtual CASP will host 4 identical 1 week sessions:
- June 21- June 25
- July 5-July 9
- July 19-July 23
- August 2-August 6