Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Reducing the Cost of Great Care: Pathways to Value
Conference Co-Chairs: Dr. Arnold Milstein, Dr. Kevin Schulman, and Dr. Nirav Shah
Recent News & Publications
- Electronic Health Record-Based Clinical Decision Support Alert for Severe Sepsis: a Randomised Evaluation - BMJ Quality and Safety March 14, 2019
- Access to Doctor's Notes and Other Health Records Engages Stanford Patients - Scope, March 7, 2019
- Understanding High Drug Costs and the Role of Pharmacy Benefit Managers - Scope, March 5, 2019
- Technology-Enabled Consumer Engagement: Promising Practices At Four Health Care Delivery Organizations - Health Affairs, March 4, 2019
- Economic Benefit of “Modern” Nonemergency Medical Transportation That Utilizes Digital Transportation Networks - American Journal of Public Health, March 1, 2019