Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- Stop outrageous air ambulance bills by disclosing the transport price - -StatNews, January 8, 2019
- Superstar- Young scientist helps design software that measures a surgeon’s skill - Stanford Medicine, Fall 2018
- Health as a Way of Doing Business - JAMA, December 6, 2018
- The Relationship between Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and the Cost of Therapies in the US Pharmaceutical Market: A Policy Primer for Clinicians - American Heart Journal, December 2018
- Dissecting High Drug Costs - SCOPE, November 13, 2018
- The Supply-Side Effects of Moral Hazard on Drug Prices - HMPI, November 13, 2018