Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From The Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
October 24, 2019 SPRC/PCPH Seminar Series Robert Kaplan, MD
Adjunct Professor, Clinical Excellence Research Center
"Generalizability from Clinical Trials: The Hidden Data Problem"
Recent News & Publications
- Are Air Ambulacnes Truly Flying Out Of Reach? Surprise-Billing Policy And The Airline Deregulation Act - Health Affairs, October 17, 2019
- A Protocol-Driven, Bedside Digital Conversational Agent to Support Nurse Teams and Mitigate Risks of Hospitalization in Older Adults- JMIR, October 17, 2019
- Build vs. Buy: What Should Health Systems Do? -NEJM Catalyst, September 18, 2019
- Here's What We Know About How Drugs Are Priced — And What We Don't- Investor's Business Daily, September 13, 2019
- New Survey Shows U.S. Businesses Taking Steps to Foster Culture Of Health, But Room to Grow -Harvard Business School Newsroom, September 10, 2019