Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- The Doctor-of-the-Future Is In: Patient Responses to Disruptive Health-Care Innovations - Journal of the Association for Consumer Reports, May 23, 2019
- Cost impact of sobering centers on national health care spending in the United States - Translational Behavioral Medicine, May 22, 2019
- Contributions of Health Care to Longevity: A Review of 4 Estimation Methods - Annals of Family Medicine, May 2019
- Workforce Cost Model for Expanding Congenital and Rheumatic Heart Disease Services in Kenya - World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, May 13, 2019
- A Budget Impact Analysis of the Collaborative Care Model for Treating Opioid Use Disorder in Primary Care - Journal of General Internal Medicine, April 22, 2019