Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From The Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- Build vs. Buy: What Should Health Systems Do? -NEJM Catalyst, September 18, 2019
- Here's What We Know About How Drugs Are Priced — And What We Don't- Investor's Business Daily, September 13, 2019
- New Survey Shows U.S. Businesses Taking Steps to Foster Culture Of Health, But Room to Grow -Harvard Business School Newsroom, September 10, 2019
- Are corporations committed to health? Survey suggests there’s room to improve -SCOPE, September 10, 2019
- Toward a Corporate Cultre of Health: Results of a National Survey -The Milbank Quarterly,
September 9, 2019
- Stroke: Treating blood clots in the brain goes from fast to faster to fastest -Stanford Medicine Magazine,
September 5, 2019