Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From The Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- A Transparent, Mathematical Model to Evaluate Proposals for Healthcare Reform- Health Management, Policy and Innovation, December 2019
- Private and Public Incentives for Hospitals to Improve the Quality and Reduce the Cost of Care- Health Management, Policy and Innovation, December 2019
- Lowering costs for excellent kidney care- SCOPE, December 2, 2019
- A Roadmap To Welcoming Health Care Innovation- Health Affairs Blog, November 26, 2019
- Exploring Care Attributes of Nephrologists Ranking Favorably on Measures of Value- Journal of American Society of Nephrology, November 2019