Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing, and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's healthcare spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving healthcare value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of healthcare innovators to remove wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
April 24, 2019 CERC Event Reducing the Cost of Great Care: Pathways to Value
Conference Co-Chairs: Dr. Arnold Milstein, Dr. Kevin Schulman, and Dr. Nirav Shah
Recent News & Publications
- A Budget Impact Analysis of the Collaborative Care Model for Treating Opioid Use Disorder in Primary Care - Journal of General Internal Medicine, April 22, 2019
- Why you should care about the raging battle for free access to research findings - Los Angeles Times, April 9, 2019
- Antitrust Law Does Not Require Rx Drug Rebates, And It Does Not Prohibit Discounts - Health Affairs, April 8, 2019
- The Implications of "Medicare for All" for US Hospitals - JAMA, April 4, 2019
- Behind the numbers: The projected rise in health care spending - Scope Blog, April 4, 2019