Clinical Excellence Research Center
The first university-based research center exclusively dedicated to discovering, testing and evaluating cost-saving innovations in clinically excellent care. Our research seeks more affordable ways to deliver better care for conditions consuming the bulk of the country's health-care spending.
A Message From Our Director
"Federal creditworthiness and therefore American prosperity now hinge on continuously attaining better health with less health spending. By rapidly mobilizing emerging science and technology from engineering, management, and medicine, the Clinical Excellence Research Center will enable Stanford to help solve a seemingly intractable national challenge."
- Arnold Milstein, MD, MPH
Dr. Milstein founded CERC after two decades of improving health-care value in the private sector and advising the White House and Congress. He is now training America's next generation of health-care innovators to replace the wasteful and dangerous inefficiencies that ail the U.S. health-care system.
Recent News & Publications
- Patient Activation Changes as a Potential Signal for Changes in Health Care Costs: Cohort Study of US High-Cost Patients - JGIM, October 5, 2018
- Patient-Reported Experiences of Dialysis Care Within a National Pay-for-Performance System - JAMA Intern Med, October 2018
- Systems Delivery Innovation for Alzheimer's Disease - AJGP, September 27, 2018
- Design Thinking in Health Care - CDC Preventing Chronic Disease, September 27, 2018
- Cardiovascular Disease Among Women Who Gave Birth to an Infant With a Major Congenital Anomaly- JAMA, September 21, 2018