2020 Bay Area Adult Autism / DD Virtual Conference
Date: Saturday, November 7, 2020
Time: 8:45 am – 4:00 pm
Sponsored by the Stanford Autism Center and the Autism Society San Francisco Bay Area
Topics include: ASD/ID and COVID-19, coverage for behavioral interventions for adults, housing, medication, public benefits, and more!
Articles of Interest
- Hormone reduces social impairment in kids with autism
- Nature versus nurture in autism
- Is vasopressin what's lacking in the brains of those with autism?
- Students With Autism Excel in Working With Data, Helping Scientists
- Lynn Koegel, who developed prominent autism therapy, joins Stanford
- Why parents try fringe therapies for autism
- Automating genetic analysis helps keep up with rapid discovery of new diseases
- Like people, monkeys vary widely in their social abilities. Behavioral neuroscientist Karen Parker, PhD, explains how studying social behavior in monkeys can advance how we understand and treat autism.
- Study finds differences in male, female brain activity when it comes to cooperation
- Tips for creating quality family time when a child has autism spectrum disorder
- Google Glass may help kids with autism recognize emotions