Medicine is a very rewarding profession. It requires dedication, excellence and a passion for patient-care, which will be expected from all students. Applicants are strongly recommended to complete a high school biology course prior to enrolling.
- The program is open to rising high school juniors, seniors, and undergraduate premedical students.
- Minimum age requirement is 15 years by the start of the program.
How to Apply
- Register for the Stanford CSI Application Portal at https://stanfordcsi.slideroom.com. Registration for a SlideRoom account is required.
- Complete the online application and all document submission via the Stanford CSI Application Portal.
- Upload copies of transcripts (last 2 years) from attending high school or college; unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Upload official results of PSAT, SAT, or ACT (see FAQs for more details). If you are in 10th grade and have not taken the PSAT or you are an applicant who has taken one of the tests but has not received your scores, please upload a Word document or PDF with a brief statement stating why you do not have scores. You will need to submit your test scores by email as soon as you receive the score reports.
- Upload a current resume.
- Complete two short essays (maximum 500 words each)
- Request (via the online application) a letter of recommendation from your teacher (preferably a science teacher) or guidance counselor. An email request for a recommendation will be sent to your teacher or counselor as part of the Stanford CSI application process in the Stanford CSI Application Portal. The letter of recommendation must be submitted by the application deadline (February 24, 2017). Your application file will not be considered complete until the letter is received.
- Submit the $75 application fee online with a credit card or by mail with a check. Details regarding the application fee are included at the Stanford CSI Application Portal.
Oct October 15 Sat 2016
Application period opens
Feb February 24 Fri 2017
Mar March 31 Fri 2017
Apr April 21 Fri 2017
Program fee due
May May 31 Wed 2017
Last day for 50% refund of program fees
Jul July 10 - 21 Mon-Fri 2017
Jul July 24 -Aug 04 Mon-Fri 2017