Medicine is a very rewarding profession. It requires dedication, excellence and a passion for patient-care, which will be expected from all students. Applicants are strongly recommended to complete a high school biology course prior to enrolling.
- The program is open to rising high school juniors, seniors, and undergraduate premedical students.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 years by the start of the program.
How to Apply
- Register for the Stanford CSI Application Portal at https://stanfordcsi.slideroom.com. Registration for a SlideRoom account is required.
- Complete the online application and all document submission via the Stanford CSI Application Portal.
- Upload copies of transcripts (last 2 years) from attending high school or college; unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Upload official results of PSAT, SAT, or ACT (see FAQs for more details). If you are in 10th grade and have not taken the PSAT, or if you are an applicant who has taken one of the tests but has not received your scores, please upload a Word document or PDF with a brief statement stating why you do not have scores. You will need to submit your test scores by email as soon as you receive the score reports. International students are not required to submit test scores.
- Upload a current resume.
- Complete two short essays (maximum 400 words each)
- Request (via the online application) a letter of recommendation from your teacher (preferably a science teacher) or guidance counselor. An email request for a recommendation will be sent to your teacher or counselor as part of the Stanford CSI application process in the Stanford CSI Application Portal. The letter of recommendation must be submitted by the application deadline. Your application file will not be considered complete until the letter is received.
- Submit the $95 application fee online with a credit card. Details regarding the application fee are included at the Stanford CSI Application Portal.
NOTE: If you start an application in the Early Decision portal but do not submit by the deadline, you will need to re-start an application in the Regular Decision portal if you still wish to apply.
Oct October 01 Mon 2018
Application period opens
Jan January 13 Sun 2019
Application Deadline for Early Decision
Feb February 04 Mon 2019
Admission Notification for Early Decision
Feb February 24 Sun 2019
Application Deadline for Regular Decision
Mar March 22 Fri 2019
Admission Notification for Regular Decision
Jun June 01 Sat 2019
Last day for 50% refund of program fees
Jul July 08 - 19 Mon-Fri 2019
Jul July 22 -Aug 02 Mon-Fri 2019