Medicine is a very rewarding profession. It requires dedication, excellence and a passion for patient-care, which will be expected from all students. Applicants are strongly recommended to complete a high school biology course prior to enrolling.
- The program is open to rising high school juniors, seniors, and undergraduate premedical students. Applicants must be 16 years or older by the session start date.
How to Apply
- Register for the Stanford CSI Application Portal at https://stanfordcsi.slideroom.com starting November 1, 2022. Registration for a SlideRoom account is required.
- Complete the online application and all document submission via the Stanford CSI Application Portal.
- Upload copies of transcripts (last 2 years) from attending high school or college; unofficial copies are acceptable.
- Upload copies of score reports for the PSAT, SAT, or ACT. International applicants are NOT required to submit test scores.
- Upload a current resume.
- Respond to two short essay questions.
- Request (via the online application) a letter of recommendation from a STEM teacher or guidance counselor. A STEM teacher is strongly preferred. An email request for a recommendation will be sent to your teacher or counselor as part of the Stanford CSI application process in the Stanford CSI Application Portal. Your application file will not be considered complete until the letter is received.
- Submit the $95 application fee online with a credit card. US Citizens and Permanent Residents whose annual household income is under $80,000 or are enrolled in a program that aids low income families, can submit an application fee waiver request using this form.
- The details of CSI 2023 program fee can be found here.
CSI 2023 summer application deadlines are listed below
November 1 2022
Application period opens
February 24 2023
March 24 2023
April 14 2023
Enrollment Deadline - Program fee due
July 10-21 2023
Session 1 - in person on Stanford's campus
July 24 - Aug 4 2023
Session 2 - virtual