Stanford University and The Molecular Pharmacology Training Program work throughout the year to identify and recruit the best students from around the world, to engage them in cutting-edge research, and to promote their academic, personal, and professional development. In the Stanford Biosciences, diversity is vital to the creativity that is required to tackle the world's most important problems.
This page provides information and links to University programs and some of the general and discipline-specific student groups available to promote and support a diverse community at Stanford.
Student Diversity Programs
Stanford ADVANCE Summer Institute
ADVANCE is an eight-week summer transition program designed to give incoming graduate students early exposure to research in their Biosciences Home Program over the summer. Participants attend workshops that acclimate them to Stanford University and develop academic, professional, and leadership skills. Stanford ADVANCE Summer Institute
Student Outreach to Alumni Resources (SOAR) Mentor Program
The mission of the SOAR Mentor Program is to foster mentorship opportunities across the Stanford Biosciences community. This comprehensive mentoring program exposes students and postdocs to a breadth of career options and pathways, promoting greater community and collaboration with faculty and alumni.
Annual Diversity Program & Luncheon
This program provides graduate students who are interviewing with the opportunity to learn about Stanford's graduate student experience, the School of Medicine's commitment to diversity, and campus organizations and university resources that support diversity.
BioAIMS Annual Diversity Awards Banquet
This banquet celebrates the achievements of BioAIMS members and honors their supporters and mentors. BioAIMS
Stanford Diversity Partners
A number of organizations work to build community in and between specific groups at Stanford.
- Asian American Activities Center
- Bechtel International Community (The I Center)
- Biomedical Association for the Interest of Minority Students (BioAIMS)
- Black Community Services Center (BCSC)
- Black Graduate Students Association (BGSA)
- Diversity and Access Office
- Diversity Works at Stanford
- El Centro Chicano
- First Gen and/or Low Income
- LGBT Community Resources Center
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Medical Education Research Group (LGBT MERG)
- Native American Cultural Center
- Office of Accessible Education
- Stanford SOM Diversity Center of Representation and Empowerment (D-CORE)
- Stanford Medicine Abilities Coalition
- Schwab Learning Center
- Stanford Summer Research Program (SSRP)
- The Solidarity, Leadership, Inclusion, Diversity mentorship Program (SoLID)
- Women's Community Center