SBSA Program Proposals
SBSA wants to help Biosciences graduate students organize and run programming they want that will benefit the Biosciences community (e.g. by building community, professional/academic development, etc.). This proposal system allows students to work with SBSA to develop and implement their idea(s) with funds provided by SBSA. We hope this will lead to a greater variety of programs, to complement the ones SBSA already provides, that will improve the Biosciences graduate student experience.
Guidelines, information about previous proposals, and an example program can be found at the Proposal Program Reference Sheet.
Proposals are considered on a quarterly basis. The next round of proposals will open in Winter 2018.
Guidelines for running events can be found at the Event Organizer Guidelines.
Winter 2019 Proposals
- The Woke Nerds Book Club - Ilana Zucker-Scharff, $340
- Stanford Mood Disorder Chat Group - Laura Persson, $560
- Science Policy Bites - Jessica Ribado, $500
- Science Justice Reading Group - Yiran Liu, $300
- Autobiography of a Transgender Scientist Book Club - Amy Fan, $430
- Mixer Golf / Bar Hop Mixer - Jacob Kim, $395
- Reproducible Science @ Stanford - Stelios Serghiou, $600
Fall 2018 Proposals
- Fall Lab Sharing - Irene Li, $850
- Science Writing Workshop Series - Sam Piekos, $225
- Biotech Career Panel - Yanniv Dorone, $500
- PhD MD Mixer - Noah Greenwald, $460
- Intro to Shotokan Style Karate - Julio Flores Servin, $180
Summer 2018 Proposals
- Paint Lounge - Erica Schwarz, $200
- Biosci Book Club - Aurora Alvarez-Buylla, $300
- Summer Beer Event - Aurora Alvarez-Buylla, $400
- Science Policy Bites - Jessica Ribado, $530
- Better Science - Stelios Serghiou, $300
- GRAMS (Graduate Researchers, Active Minds, and Science) - Niki Goularte, $300