Program Application & Admission Requirements
Before applying, please visit and review general admissions information from the following websites:
- Stanford Graduate Admissions: https://gradadmissions.stanford.edu/, and
- Biosciences Office of Graduate Education (OGE): https://biosciences.stanford.edu/contact/office-of-graduate-education/
Deadline for application submission: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 (11:59:59 pm PST). All applications must be submitted by this deadline through the Stanford Graduate Admissions.
Home Program Select
Applicants can choose up to three home programs, and should apply to the Biophysics home program as described on the Biosciences How To Apply web page.
Candidates who are selected to visit Stanford and interview will be notified in January. The selected applicants will be invited to the Biosciences Interview Session, March 4 - March 8, 2020 (Wednesday - Sunday). This is our only interview session.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General test is not required, and the subject test (can be taken in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Physics) is optional. For more information on registering for the Graduate Record Examination, please call 1-609-771-7670 or review the online information at http://www.gre.org. Stanford's Institution Code is 4704.
- All Recommendations Letters must be submitted using the online application system. Three letters of recommendation are required. As part of the online application, you will be required to register the names and contact information, including e-mail addresses, of your recommenders. Recommenders will then receive an e-mail with directions on how to proceed. Letters of recommendation cannot be emailed or faxed.
- The Application Fees is $125.00 for all applicants. Acceptable form of payment is by credit/debit card (Visa or MasterCard only.) Stanford University does not accept electronic check payments or checks by mail. The application fee is non-refundable and must be received by the application deadline.
- More information on Course Requirements can be found here.
Biosciences Ph.D. Admissions
1265 Welch Road, MSOB X100
Stanford, CA 94305-5421
Phone: (650) 723-2460
1215 Welch Road, Modular A, Room 89
Stanford, CA 94305
1215 Welch Road, Modular A, Room 87
Stanford, CA 94305
Please note that Winter Closure will be Monday, December 23, 2019, through Friday, January 3, 2020.