Summer Class Schedules
June 12 - Registration opens at 9 a.m.
June 25 - Classes begin
August 31 -Classes end
September 11 - Registration opens at 9 a.m.
September 24 - Classes begin
December 7 -Classes end
Upcoming BeWell Engagement classes:
Upcoming new Healthy Living classes:
- Check Up and Choices – Online
- Embodying a Meaningful Life: Reclaiming the Eloquence of the Body for Daily Living
- Getting in the Mood: How Diet Impacts Mental Well-being
- Intuitive Intelligence Meditation
- Knowing and Using Your Strengths
- The Power of Beliefs on Health: Having the Right Mindset Means Small Changes Can Yield Big Benefits
- The Power of the Pause Meditation Retreat
- The Power of the Pause Meditation Retreat at Stanford
- Vitality = Vim = Vigor = A New You for Summertime and More
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Don’t bite into nutrition myths
“Coffee Causes Premature Death.” "Coffee increasing life expectancy."
It’s frustrating to hear contradictory nutrition information when we’re trying to lead healthy lives. And because most of us aren’t researchers, it’s difficult to know what to make of the new information.
To address this issue, HIP spoke with BeWell Coach and registered dietitian-nutritionist (RDN) Rosalyne Tu on the origins of contradictory nutrition information and what to do when we encounter new nutrition information.
Recommended information sources:
Stanford Health Library. The librarians there can help you find evidence-based answers to your nutrition and health questions.
Tu also recommends the following evidence-based nutrition newsletters:
- Nutrition Action (Center for Science in the Public Interest)
- Berkeley Wellness (University of California at Berkeley)
- Health and Nutrition Letter (Tufts University)
- The Nutrition Source (Harvard University)
Wellness on Wheels
Let HIP bring classes to you.
The Health Improvement Program (HIP) brings Fitness and/or Healthy Living classes to your University or SHC/LPCH department via Wellness on Wheels (WoW). Many of the classes that are offered each quarter by HIP can be brought to your worksite.
To request a Healthy Living WoW class for your department, please complete the complete the Form.
To request a Fitness WoW class for your department, please complete the complete the Form.
Email us for more info.
Independence Day brings burgers, beers, and fireworks to mind. We love a summer side, and a beautiful one is even better..
PREP TIME: 0:15 COOK TIME: 0:15
- 2 Tbs. good olive oil
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 small orange bell pepper
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt, (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. julienned fresh basil, minced fresh chives, and/or minced fresh parsley leaves
The Health Improvement Program (HIP) aims to create a culture of wellness and increase employee productivity by empowering individuals to be self-managers of their health. It models the science of healthy living by using translational research to promote wellness. Our primary work involves Stanford University faculty and staff, but our programs are shared and utilized around the world.
HIP partners with Stanford Health Care & Stanford Children's Health.
Find your way to strengthening your emotional well-being. Learn more.
Transform yourself in sixteen weeks.
An innovative online health program to help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Learn more on how to reduce your risk »
NEW: 5-minutes dynamic streching video from BeWell!
BeWell Coaches Amanda Miller and Natalie Lavorato and BeWell Screener John Acena lead a five minute dynamic stretching routine that is great for warming up for a more intense workout or taking an energizing mid-day break. Six exercises are performed for 45 seconds each: shoulder rolls, trunk rotations, butt kickers, windmills, side lunges and front lunges.