The mission of the Fiscal Affairs Group is to provide innovative solutions to the financial challenges of the School via a strategic partnership with the departments. We provide quality financial and budget data, oversight, analysis, reporting, operations, and sound financial management counsel to our user community.
The Fiscal Affairs Group is composed of five distinct operating units - Controller, Budget & Financial Planning, Faculty Compensation, Strategic Investment Analysis, and Process Excellence - which provide essential financial services to the Dean's Office and the School's Departments and Programs. To carry our mission, we:
- Focus our efforts towards the support of teaching, research, and patient care missions of the School
- Promote sound financial management practices and risk mitigation strategies in the allocation of resources
- Deliver innovative business solutions
- Ensure fair and equitable faculty compensation and incentive programs
- Collaborate with the University's Office of the President, Provost, Budget and Finance Groups to ensure a synchronicity with University policies and objectives
- Collaborate with both SHC and LPCH, and our other affiliated hospitals, to ensure financial relationships are sound and effective