Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowships
How to Apply
The Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford participates in the NRMP match with 8 fellowship positions available per year. Institutional start dates are typically July 1, August 1 and January 1 though the vast majority of fellows commence the fellowship program on August 1. Applications may be submitted through ERAS (ACGME Program #0420531019).
ERAS applications close on May 31.
Application Process After May 31
- Please submit your application with the following documents preferably electronically or by mail to the Program Administrator:
- Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship Selection Committee
c/o Jessica Martinez
453 Quarry Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Office: (650) 497-8189
- Manual Fellowship Application Form, download pdf here.
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation including one from your residency program director. At least one of the remaining letters should be written by a pediatric anesthesia faculty or staff member
- USMLE (or COMLEX) scores
- Medical School Dean’s letter
- Copy of medical school diploma
- If residency has been completed, please submit your competency-based summative evaluation written by your program director
- If residency has been completed, please submit your Final Evaluation written by your program director
- PALS CERTIFICATION
We require all incoming fellows be PALS certified (or recertified) PRIOR to starting fellowship as you will be taking care of extremely complex patients from the start of fellowship. If you are currently PALS certified, your certificate expiration date must be valid through July of your fellowship graduation year. You may be reimbursed for the cost of certification or recertification, but the receipt date cannot be earlier than May 1st of your residency graduation year (3‐months prior to the start of fellowship). Please send Jessica Martinez (email@example.com) a copy of your certificate if you have one already.
- Applications Accepted
Applications are accepted December 1 – May 31;
May 31- August 15 for manual applications
- Initial Application File Review
- End Applications
April through September
- Rank Order Lists Due
All applications received as of February 1 are reviewed en masse and interview invitations issued. Subsequent applications are reviewed as they are received and notice of interview will occur within two weeks of receipt of completed application.